From August 28 to September 2, 2022, Palais des Congrès, Paris
2022 Registration Instructions
1. Download this form and fill it out*. Please make sure you complete this form in all capital letters. Click the “click here to check and validate your form” button at the bottom of the second page. If required fields are not completed they will be highlighted with a red border. You must correct this information before sending the completed and validated form.
**You MUST use adobe acrobat to complete this form. You CANNOT complete this form in an internet browser.**
2. Save your completed form. File>Save As and name the file as “Lastname, First Initial” i.e “Loe, S”
3. Email your completed form to Sharon Loe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we receive your form, we will verify your membership information. Then, we will email you a link where you can pay your invoice.
2022 Call for Papers
The Technical Committee of the U.S. National Committee of CIGRE (CIGRE USNC) invites U.S. authors to prepare and submit their synopses of proposed papers for this 2022 Session to USNC Technical Committee Chairman John D. McDonald (email@example.com) by Friday, March 19, 2021. Please use the 2022 Synopses Sample Page Template.
Please see the USNC Call For Papers instructions by clicking here. The U.S. authors are requested not to submit their proposed paper synopses to the CIGRE Paris office directly. The CIGRE Paris office will return such documents to the senders as the CIGRE Paris office has assigned each National Committee the responsibility to review and recommend its National Committee papers to the CIGRE Paris office for further review and acceptance. U.S. authors also must follow the USNC’s “Call for Papers” schedule for the submittal and review of U.S. paper synopses and full papers, not the posted CIGRE Paris office schedule. The author of a U.S. paper (or main author, if there is more than one) must be a member of the CIGRE USNC, either an Individual Member or a representative of a Collective Member. The other co-authors of the paper need not be CIGRE members.
The USNC Technical Committee will review all synopses (abstracts) of proposed papers, as well as the full papers when available, and select those to represent the USNC. The papers must meet the following criteria:
- Be of the highest technical standard, not published elsewhere, and contribute to technical progress.
- Address only one of the 2022 Session “Preferential Subjects” and clearly identify the one being addressed.
- The Preferential Subjects are in the CIGRE Call For Papers PDF file. The Preferential Subjects are also listed on CIGRE Paris’s web site.
- The synopsis of a proposed paper must be at least 500 words. Synopses of less than 500 words are not acceptable. Synopses must be prepared in the CIGRE format (see 2022 Synopses Sample Page Word file).
- Synopses must reach the CIGRE USNC Technical Committee Chairman John D. McDonald by 19 March 2021. Synopses must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. This deadline will be strictly enforced.
- If a synopsis is accepted, the paper must be prepared in the CIGRE format.
- Papers accepted on the basis of synopses are subject to further review once full papers are submitted.
The schedule for submittal of paper synopses and full papers to the USNC for the 2022 Session is as follows. View the overall detailed USNC schedule for the review and selection of the 2022 Session papers by clicking here.
(Synopses due)5 November 2021
(Full papers due for final review)
Authors will be notified of paper selection results based on synopsis review by September 24, 2021 by the USNC Technical Committee Chairman and/or the CIGRE Paris Office. The main author of the paper will be required to sign a CIGRE copyright form that will be provided by the CIGRE Paris office.
Sponsors of the U.S. National Committee Reception will be recognized with signage at the reception and with a hyperlink below. Log in to our membership portal to purchase a Gold [$7,500], Silver [$5,00], or Bronze [$2,500] sponsorship.
Thank you for your contribution!